Entries are invited to the World IP Day Video Contest 2023. The WIP Day 2023 video competition is an opportunity for you to share your ideas on how an inclusive innovation ecosystem can unleash the ingenuity and creativity of girls and women to build a better future for the benefit of all.
Show why it’s important for girls and women to step up to intellectual property (IP), and how we all benefit, in a 90-second video and win great prizes!
Under the theme “When women enter the world of intellectual property, we accelerate innovation and creativity and everyone wins”, participants are invited to submit a 90-second video that explores the importance for girls and women to move into intellectual property, and how we all benefit.
The video can showcase the creativity and innovation of female inventors, creators and entrepreneurs, highlighting how intellectual property rights can enable women to have an even greater impact on society and the economy, as well as collective benefits that flow from the participation of more women in the innovation and intellectual property ecosystems.
World Intellectual Property Day Award
The winners will receive the following prizes:
- First Prize: Digital equipment with a maximum value of CHF 5,000.-
- Second Prize: Digital equipment with a maximum value of CHF 3,000.-
- Third Prize: Digital equipment with a maximum value of CHF 1,000.-
- The top 10 winning videos will benefit from training opportunities offered by the WIPO Academy.
Requirements for World Intellectual Property Day
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to enter the contest.
- Individual or group submissions (up to 10 group members).
- The video creator owns all rights to the uploaded video.
- Your video must not have already been published online, nor has it been recognized and/or awarded in another competition.
- The video does not violate any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, industrial design, a distinctive sign, contractual obligation or any other intellectual property right, or another proprietary right of any third party.
- The video is accompanied by a transcript in one of the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese or Russian.