Job offer: Vodafone is recruiting a Collections Analyst with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 – 4 years of experience in this job domain.
Vodafone Ghana, formerly Ghana Telecom, is the national telecommunications company of Ghana. The company in Ghana operates under Vodafone Group Plc – the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
- The Credit and Collections Analyst provides expert knowledge to deliver the activities related to collection and negotiating terms of payment on overdue accounts with Vodafone Business and consumer customers. The Credit and Collections Lead focusses on activities regarding customer accounting, internal and external collection, high usage control and credit check advice and administration. Minimising financial risk to the organization by assessing and advising on the creditworthiness of prospective and existing customers in line with the credit and collections policies and procedures. Typically reports to the Senior Credit and Collections Manager.
Key Accountabilities And Decision Ownership
- Ensure compliance to dunning policies to curtail churn.
- Increase cash by collecting all current revenue and not more than 5% of aged debt should be more than 90 days
- Contribute to curtailment of Bad debts through Faster & higher collections in 30-60 buckets and higher recoveries in 90+ buckets.
- Ensure that on a monthly basis, all customers in your base receive their bills and are set up on e-billing
- Meet retention targets through customer issue resolution.
- Ensure 100% of dispute resolution before the next billing cycle from the month raised
- Adjustment & Reconciliation are to be completed before the next bill cycle from the month raised
- Work with Account Managers to ensure that all terminated accounts are stopped from billing and adjustments passed.
- Ensure the dunning process is strictly followed and defaulters are disconnected on all synced platforms.
- Ensure accurate reporting of your collections
- Prompt logging of Payments made by customers.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Contribute to decisions on Collections in Vodafone Ghana and meet monthly collections target
- Prepare personal collections to forecast weekly based on allocated accounts for reporting
- Comply with all company’s rules and policies
- Perform other requests made by the line manager,
- Report all collections-related issues to the line manager and recommend improvements.
- Visit customers for the purposes of mediation, negotiation and debt collection Liaise with Sector Account Managers to ensure all customer grievances relating to collections are resolved or escalated where necessary
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Knowledge in Accounting
- Public accounting or Private industry experience
- Prior revenue recognition experience is required
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience is required.
- Relevant experience includes Finance, Auditing or Revenue Recognition experience in a Telecoms Company.
- Must have an understanding of financial statements and financial systems
- Ability to create accurate reports to meet internal reporting and analysis requirements
- Possess strong communication skills both verbal and written adaptable to all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, drive, confidence and ability to enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Professional, flexible and team-oriented.
- Exposure to wireless and/or telecom industry desired