Call For Application: The Nkafu Policy Institute is recruiting 25 think tank leaders from the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) region, who will take part in a 2-day-in-person leadership and Advocacy Immersion program in Yaounde, Cameroon.
All expenses related to travelling, feeding, lodging etc will be covered by the Nkafu Policy Institute. The training is free.
Applicants for the two-day-in-person Leadership and Advocacy must meet the following conditions:
- Be a citizen of one of the ECCAS member states (Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, DR Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda and São Tomé and Príncipe)
- Be a professional from a think tank or a research center (leader/researcher)
- Be bilingual (English and French);
- Have a good understanding of the history and geopolitical complexity of the ECCAS;
- Be able to articulate his/her thoughts in newspaper articles or television interviews;
- Must be versatile and comfortable with public speaking and be able to interact and engage with policy makers;
- Demonstrate good leadership and advocacy qualities.
- Experience in grants project implementation
- Knowledge in research and policy
Recruitment of 25 ECCAS Think Tank Leaders at The Nkafu Policy Institute
- Research writing and publications
- Events Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Leadership Development
- Advocacy Strategy and Campaign
- Project Design and Implementation
- Grant Writing and Management
- Community Engagement
Benefits and expectations of the program
- Learn how to apply the knowledge gained in the program to their communities with less risk.
- Have the opportunity to build valuable networks.
- Gain knowledge about designing, developing, and implementing projects in an organizational context.
- Improve their research and writing skills
- Strengthen their skills on how to better disseminate the results of their work.
- Improve their advocacy abilities.
- Strengthen their ability to influence policy at the local, regional and continental levels.
- Expand the visibility of their country and region, on the African continent and globally.
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A copy of your national identity card or copy of your passport clearly showing your photo and date of birth.
- A curriculum vita of less than two (2) pages
- Three (3) contactable professional references.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
N.B: All expenses for transport, accommodation and feeding will be covered by the foundation
Timeline of the Call for Applications
May 31, 2023: Application deadline
June 30, 2023: Notice to shortlisted candidates
July 7, 2023: Announcement of selected candidates
July 25-26, 2023: Two-day in-person Leadership and Advocacy Immersion in Yaoundé (Cameroon)
If interested kindly complete the ONLINE application form no later than 31st May 2023 at 5:00 pm GMT+1.