Puma Energy is recruiting a Finance Manager
Job offer in Ghana: Puma Energy is recruiting a Finance Manager with at least 10 years – 15 years of experience.
Description de l’Emploi
Puma Energy is an integrated global energy company like no other. When we say we fuel journeys, we are not just talking about putting gasoline or diesel in your tank, or providing high quality fuel to some of the worlds largest airlines, shipping companies and power suppliers. It goes further than that.
- A position based in Ghana for and experienced, ambitious and talented financial professional with a minimum of 5-8 years relevant experience in financial management. The individual should be highly skilled in all forms of communication – both with internal stakeholders as well as diverse cultures. Strong attention to detail is critical.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to handle a highly charged and dynamic workload from the start. He/she must be able to work autonomously on several projects at any given time and to communicate efficiently with colleagues located across the world. The role also includes responsibility for assisting country management with business planning, budgeting and strategy for a high growth and dynamic country organization.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Management of in-country finance function including financial accounting, controlling, management reporting, budget planning, tax, credit control, and financing. Ensuring compliance with financial accounting, company and Statutory Requirements, accounting standards and policies
- Ensuring Group Accounts and performance reporting deadlines and requirements are met. Providing financial and non-financial reporting and review to the business, highlight variance on financial performance. working with GM on addressing performance gap.
- Ensure accuracy on financial information at all times
- Ensure that stock levels, product margins and variable costs are reviewed on a daily basis, and ensure that an efficient process is place for corrective actions
- Ensure the financial accounting system is fully implemented and used effectively across the African region
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Ensure that a (tax) efficient legal structure and relevant processes are in place at all times
- Investment analysis, reviews and recommendations
- Establish an efficient and effective structure for day to day cash management and credit control
- Ensure that effective funding and hedging structures are in place in line with corporate policies
- Establish a highlight motivated and efficient finance organization, geared for the anticipated rapid growth
- Incorporate newly acquired companies and assets into the Puma way of doing business
- Degree in Accounting / Finance, CA/ACCA
- 10-15 years in senior financial management roles or to the Country manager
- Working experience in the storage and distribution of Petroleum products in a multi-national company
- Working experience with developing and maintaining a strong finance team and finance processes – this includes the incorporation of new acquisitions if/when required. Direct involvement in the planning and execution of new business investments.
- Use of MS Office
- Understanding of integrated financial systems
- Industry knowledge
- Understanding of Ghana tax legislation
- Advanced excel and presentation skills
- Experienced manager with proven motivational skills
- Good English communication
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiatives
- Willingness to work long hours when required is critical
- Desire and ability to achieve results under difficult circumstances and tough deadlines
- A stable track record of previous successes in a similar role is critical.
- Ability to cope with a multi-faceted workload in a high paced environment is key KPI.