The Pan African University Scholarships 2022-2023 is now open to young, qualified, talented and enterprising candidates from African countries and the African Diaspora to join masters and doctoral programs in one of the four institutes of the PAU (Pan African University).
Candidates with potential, and drive and who wish to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are especially encouraged to apply.
The Pan- African University (PAU) is the culmination of continental initiatives of the African Union Commission to revitalize higher education and research in Africa, within the framework of the Second Education Decade for Africa and the action plan for science and technology for Africa. It will embody excellence, enhance the attractiveness and global competitiveness of African higher education and research and place the African University at the heart of the development of Africa. _
The PAU will significantly increase the population and retention of high-level human resources and quality knowledge and will be able to attract the best intellectual abilities from around the world. Africa recognizes the fact that social and economic development is not possible without substantial investment in higher education and research. The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to successful African applicants. Fellows must commit to work in Africa upon graduation.
Host Institution: Pan African University Institute for Basic Science, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), Kenya; Pan African University Institute of Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) (PAULESI), Nigeria; Pan-African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), Cameroon; Pan-African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences, including Climate Change (PAUWES), Algeria;
Eligible Countries: Open to Africans.
Benefits of the Pan African University Scholarships 2022-2023
- Below are reasons why you may want to join Pan African University. Excellent programs taught by world-class faculty;
- An extensive network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme. In fact, the African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to successful African applicants;
- Joint degrees from the Pan African University and its host universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing sectors, with relevant career guidance; and
- Dynamic, multicultural and pan-African learning and research environments.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
Candidates for the master’s program
- Be under the age of 30 for male applicants and 35 for female applicants
- Hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized university, obtained with honours
- Provide certified and true copies of diplomas, as well as transcripts,
- Provide a copy of the passport or a copy of the national identity card (page on personal information);
- Provide 1 passport size color photo (2cmx2cm);
- detailed CV;
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation from 1 Teacher at your university
- Give the Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with email addresses and WhatsApp numbers) (Required)
NB: Applicants may be required to take a written/oral exam after pre-screening. Candidates for the Masters in Conference Interpretation and Translation programs should have excellent knowledge of at least two of the official languages of the African Union (Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
Candidates for the doctoral program
- Be under the age of 35 for male applicants and 40 for female applicants;
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field taught at the Pan-African University or a recognized University, obtained with Honors;
- Provide certified and true copies of diplomas, as well as transcripts;
- Provide a copy of passport or national identity card (personal details page);
- Provide 1 passport size color photo (2cmx2cm);
- Provide a detailed CV;
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from 2 teachers at your university;
- Give the Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with email addresses and WhatsApp numbers) (Required);
- Provide a Research Project of 3 or 4 pages (a subject proposal, questions and objectives, research challenge, etc.).
How to Apply for The Pan African University Scholarships 2022-2023
Candidates interested in this Africa scholarship program should click on the “Apply” button below to access the online application platform, create an account and follow the instructions to submit their applications.
- Create a username and add your email
- Check your inbox to confirm registration by clicking on the confirmation link (Please also check spam)
- Provide a valid password
- Log in using your details
- Open the ‘Application’ page and fill in the data
- If you haven’t finished your application, you can come back later and log in again using your email and password.
Applicants will have until September 15, 2022, to submit their applications for the Pan African University Scholarship Program. For more details, please visit the UPA website.