Job offer: Senior Accountant at Solidarities International in Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria. Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 12 Months – with possible extension.
- The Senior accountant supports the Finance Coordinator in processing SI’s accounting operations on a mission.
- He/she is one of those charged with ensuring that SI rules and procedures regarding commitment and follow up of expenses are followed at the base level as well as at the coordination level.
- He/she offers administrative support to bases on all matters relating to accounting.
- Participate in training the administrative teams
- Ensure that mission cashiers and accountants are trained
- Train and supervise the cashier of the coordination base
- Verify the coordination base’s accounting
Financial, Accounting and Budgetary Management:
- Carry out preliminary budgetary controls to be forwarded to the administrator and regularised
Management of the Mission’s Accounting:
- Ensure that lease contract sums due are paid and distribute the burden of costs
- Check with the HR department that the personnel database is complete and up-to-date
- Allocate invoices for expenses from/for other missions (inter-mission expenses)
- Centralize the accounting for different bases within SAGA
- Verify the accounting for the different bases (description, accounting codes, analytical codes, monthly exchange rate)
- Carry out a systematic monthly check of advances from each cash box (matched and unmatched)
- Carry out transaction matching at a mission level
- Carry out physical checks of supporting documents received from the bases
- Check cash box inventories and bank reconciliations for each Balzac
- Ensure that the monthly accounting documents are compiled and sent to the headquarters: accounting board, DATA salary, cash box inventories, bank reconciliations, HOMERE backup)
- Carry out the required accounting changes if necessary (reallocations etc.)
- Integrate the exchange rates sent by the headquarters into SAGA every month
- Monitor the monthly allocation of Paris costs incurred by the headquarters within SAGA
- Send SAGA to bases following monthly integration at the headquarters
- Monitor voucher creation at bases level and the monthly return of base documents to the coordinating level
- Verify vouchers and other accounting documents to be sent to the headquarters every 6 months
- Supervise the semi-annual analytic closure and the annual accounting closure with the administrative team, under the supervision of the administrative coordinator (expenditure incurred, analytical and budgetary allocation, leave balances, donations in kind, equipment assets etc.)
Administrative HR Management:
- Verify and validate monthly payment operations (Balzac XX)
- Ensure that taxes are paid to the authorities.
Administrative Management of the Mission:
- Ensure physical and IT archiving, as well as securing accounting documents
- Conduct the quarterly mailing of accounting archives to headquarters after internal inspection.
Reporting / Communication:
- In conjunction with the Finance Coordinator or his/her deputy, monitor whether accounting documents are consistent with interim and final financial reports
- Ensure that declarations and payments of taxes and contributions are made to the relevant organizations
- Prepare and assist with audits or possible inspections.
- Education: B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration, or finance related courses
- At least of 2 years professional experience in similar position in finance and accounting role with an INGO
- Strong experience in budget management, monthly/annual closure, documentation, payroll, taxes, cash & bank management
- Ability to consolidate country monthly accountancy, prepare accounting analysis and send feedback to Base Admin Team, ensure standard documentation for all financial transactions, facilitating audits
- Ability to process monthly payroll and vendors payment
- Knowledge of finance related laws, policies and donor procedures
IT Skills :
- Knowledge of Saga is strongly appreciated
- Microsoft software practice, sound excel skills
- Dynamic, organised, methodical, team player, sound communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Hausa is a plus
- Reliable, honest, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity to prioritize tasks, ability to work under tight deadlines, etc.
Job offer: Senior Accountant at Solidarities International – What We Offer
- Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by the government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
17th August 2022.
How to Apply
- Select Senior Accountant, fill out the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.