Job offer: Risk Management Officer by Bank & Finance in Douala, Cameroun. We are looking for a “Risk Management Officer” for one of our clients.
Job Title: Risk Management Officer (RMO) Reporting to: Chief Risk Officer Company: Bank & Finance Contract: Permanent Contract Location: Douala, Cameroun Closing date: September 11th 2022
The Risk Management Officer will minimize the bank’s risk of loss by defining and ensuring
compliance with the approved risk management framework and processes for identification,
controlling, managing, and reporting operational risk.
The Risk Management Officer will be responsible to:
• Implement framework, procedures, and practices to ensure that operational risk is
appropriately identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
• Identifies new business risks considering corporate strategy and operational changes
• Formulate and ensure compliance with sensitive operational risk policies
• Provide up-to-date industry review as input for operational risk management
• Develop strategies for mitigating all business and operational risk
• Oversee and ensure the integrity of the operational risk assessment process within
• Build and ensure a Bank-wide Operational risk management culture
• Implement and maintain the bank’s economic capital assessment and allocation
methodologies for operational risk
• Design risk mitigation and control process
• Identify operational risks across the Bank.
• Assess and estimate risk exposures and impacts across the Bank.
• Analyze operational risks throughout the Bank.
• Establish a framework for capturing risk factors and relationships.
• Map all operational loss events to business lines.
• Create operational risk awareness throughout the Bank
• Monitor key risk indicators bank-wide regularly.
• Predict operational losses.
• Develop operational limits to monitor, constrain and avoid operational risk exposures.
• Prepare operational risk management reports as when due.
• Develop the architecture for the operational loss database.
• Ensure the integrity of lost data.
The Candidate must have
• Minimum Experience: Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in risk
management within the Financial Services Industry, of which at least 5 must have been
in the Banking Sector and 2 years must have been at a management level. Experience
from an internal audit firm is an advantage.
• Recognized professional certifications such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP, IT Certifications,
etc is an added advantage.
• Formal Training: Banking Law/Regulations
• Minimum Education: A good first degree in any discipline. A relevant Masters’ degree will
be an advantage
• Knowledge and understanding of banking operations (international & domestic)
• Strategic orientation, creativity & innovation
• Good policy development and management capabilities
• Financial Acumen
• Finance and Accounting
• Banking Industry Knowledge
• Financial Industry Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of Financial Regulations (Domestic & International)
• Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and Financial Standards (Domestic
• Integrity and Discretion
• Leadership, coaching & influencing
• Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
• Team building/conflict management
• Organization & Coordination
• General managerial /administration
NB: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. How to apply: Send CVs to the application link or email@example.com with the subject " Risk Management Officer".