Job offer: Project Assistant at IDH – The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Job offer: Project Assistant at IDH – The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in Lagos Nigeria.
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2022-017
Recruitment Type: National
Contract: 1-year renewable contract
- Host visitors, respond to inquiries, plan workshops/meetings, draft correspondence and schedule appointments.
- Perform general office management duties including managing office supplies and inventory.
- Make travel arrangements, and hotel bookings, and facilitate procurement of the necessary visas and travel documentation for team members and partners.
- Maintain basic financial records on projects implemented by IDH Nigeria.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports, while getting approval to have viewing right to the budget.
- Handle payments of all approved payment requests and liaise with the banks.
- Liaise with West Africa Regional Administrator, IITA Finance Directorate and other units to ensure compliance with IITA procedures and timely response to requests.
- Record minutes at meetings accurately.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Country Director.
CHECK ALSO: Consultant Work at UNICEF
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any other related field with a minimum of four (4) years of experience performing similar or related roles in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent English reporting, and good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Have excellent computer skills with good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office applications.
- Have an excellent understanding of administrative functions, budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Have a strong ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize workload, take initiative and work under pressure.
- Have good team spirit and also participate as a team player.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
2nd September 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format before the deadline.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..