Job offer: Program Executive at Workforce Group in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Department: Business Development
- Division: Business Development (BD)
- Reports to: Director, Business Development (DBD)
- They are currently looking to engage a Program Executive to drive the company’s business growth by executing new business opportunities and designing initiatives to grow revenue for the Group.
- The role has direct responsibility for the maturation and execution excellence of the development of viable gas and power opportunities that meet customer needs.
- He/She will build high-performance teams and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure the origination and successful execution of the business development program activities and build strategic alliances with key stakeholders including government, statutory/regulatory bodies and Strategic business partners/allies such as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Key Customers, Service Providers, Gas/Power Suppliers and Financiers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertakes Program Management to maximize value from the integrated (rather than individual) development of energy projects/opportunities.
- Act as Business Opportunity Manager (BOM) to mature specific energy concepts into high-profile or novel bankable projects for the company.
- PE is the Hiring Manager for BD Division and is responsible for staff/team development and allocation to projects as well as internal effectiveness.
- Act as company’s Rep in Industry bodies and as Panelist/Speaker on those platforms.
- Works internally to secure resources/buy-in and also engages external stakeholders to build alliances to support opportunity maturation.
- Keeps the Team informed of macroeconomic context/events and the impact on business development efforts.
- Provide support to BOMs (and their multidisciplinary teams) across BD on various other projects to align development work to annual or mid-term Corporate Plans/Objectives.
- The PE role is also a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Natural Gas and Power knowledge domains, markets and industry dynamics and deploys that in support of teams in BD and across the company.
- Review and critique financial models and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic planning and support executive business decisions.
- The role also works with internal and external stakeholders to create and negotiate win-win deal structures, partnerships and innovative solutions that deliver shareholder value.
Job offer: Program Executive at Workforce Group – Essential Requirements
- 1st Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other related fields.
- Master’s Degree in a related field or MBA will be an added advantage.
- 12 – 15 years of cognate work experience within a reputable and structured oil, gas and power business environment.
- Experience in gas production, processing, transportation, and marketing areas as well as Power generation and distribution.
- Experience must include the technical, operational and commercial aspects of natural gas and power assets including the economic evaluation of such assets plus the related energy transactions.
- Hands-on exposure to ideation, maturation and origination of energy deals is a core requirement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations governing local and international oil, gas and power markets and dynamics, including a strong understanding of national/regional cultures, governance, and economies.
- Demonstrated ability to review and critique financial/economic models and other complex analyses for strategic and investment decision-making.
- Proven business development experience – nurturing concepts to reality, including a thorough understanding of project and corporate finance, project and program management, customer/stakeholder engagement, deal structuring and team creation and management in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- For Personal specification, we are looking for a strong candidate who is creative/innovative, can deal with ambiguity, challenges the status quo, defaults to a solution mindset, is upbeat and able to sell his/her new business ideas, projects and initiatives plus confidently engage internal and external c-suite.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: