Job offer: Malaria in pregnancy advisor, Yaoundé – Cameroon. Chemonics seeks a potential Malaria in Pregnancy Advisor who will provide technical and programmatic oversight for prevention and treatment services amongst pregnant women. Experience in Cameroon is required and proficiency in English and French is highly desired for this position. We are looking for people who have the passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics International, an international development consulting organization that has been operating since 1975 in more than 150 countries around the world, seeks an experienced Malaria in Pregnancy Advisor for USAID’s anticipated activity in Cameroon through the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). This activity aims to advance the goals of PMI Cameroon and the Cameroon National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), which are to reduce transmission, disease, and deaths to accelerate malaria elimination in Cameroon.
- Provide strategic direction and technical oversight for the implementation of program activities that address service delivery gaps in malaria in pregnancy at the national and sub-national level including linkages between community and facility
- Promote WHO’s recommendations on treatment and intermittent prevention of malaria in pregnancy (IPTp) uptake to ensure high coverage
- Support scale-up of intermittent prevention of malaria in infants (IPTi) where feasible
- Strengthen collaboration between the MNCH department and malaria program to ensure integration and scale-up of malaria prevention and treatment services during pregnancy
- Pro-actively participate and contribute to malaria in pregnancy technical working groups, including the development/revision of national guidelines and strategies
- Provide technical assistance to the NMCP and local partners to strengthen the MiP system’s local capacity and service delivery
- Work with healthcare providers, local authorities, community members, and program team members to Identify clinical training needs and support the design and implementation of training
- Participate in annual work planning and preparation of technical donor reports
- Maintain excellent working relationships with in-country stakeholders
- Advanced degree in medicine, an MPH is desired in addition to a medical degree
- Candidate must be a citizen of Cameroon with work experience in the country
- At least 8 years of experience in health service delivery, including at least five years of experience leading/supporting malaria in pregnancy services
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects
- Experience with USAID and/or other donors preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and French desired
- Ability to travel extensively in Cameroon
Job offer: Malaria in pregnancy advisor – How to apply for this Job?
Applicants should submit their CV and cover letter through the Smartsheet form using the link, no later than October 28, 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data.