Job offer: Information Management Associate, Bertoua, Cameroon.
Organization: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Country: Cameroon Field location: Bertoua Office: UNHCR Bertoua, Cameroon
Addition job details to take note of:
Closing date: Tuesday, 17 January 2023 Hardship Level: C Family Type: Family Family Type: Family Residential location (if applicable): Grade: GS4 Staff Member / Affiliate Type: General Service
- Reason: Regular > Regular Assignment
- Remote work accepted: No
- Target Start Date: 2023-01-01-08:00
- Job Posting End Date: January 17, 2023
- Standard Job Description: Information Management Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Information Management Assistant assists in the production, collection and dissemination of information on UNHCR population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme/Field information, based on standards and systems developed at Country Office level. The incumbent compiles data on populations of concern and on programmatic activities of UNHCR partners. S/he also supports the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
Contacts are mainly with UNHCR colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss workplans. External contacts may be with UNHCR partners and – more limitedly – with the Protection Sector partners, in consultation with the Protection Officer and the Assistant Protection Officer.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in compiling and aggregating information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data and assist producing summary statistics.
- Assist in the collection of relevant information data from UNHCR Protection and other partners, in coordination with the relevant Units in the Office.
- Liaise with partners and review relevant data and information produced.
- Assist UNHCR Protection team in developing and implementing data collection plans and instruments (i.e. needs assessment, response monitoring) for baseline and context-specific information needs.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR and Protection Sector data and information with partner agencies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining database management systems.
- Liaise with UNHCR partners and Sector partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Information Technology, Demography, Statistics,
Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Information Systems
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position. Experience in web design and software development is an asset. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures. Knowledge of mapping applications.
- DM-Data collection methodologies
- IM-Information Management (related technical requirements & Operating Procedures)
- IT-Microsoft Excel
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speak up and seek guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile See attached document
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
SkillsDM-Data collection methodologies, IM-Information Management (related technical requirements & Operating Procedures), IT-Microsoft Excel
CertificationsDemographics – Other, Geographic Information Systems – Other, HCR Learning Program – UNHCR, Information Management – Other, Information Technology – Other, Statistics – Other
CompetenciesAccountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
Poste existant a recruter
Functional Clearance: This position doesn’t require a functional clearance