Job offer in Cameroon: Advocacy Specialist. Impact Santé Afrique (ISA) seeks an experienced Advocacy Specialist to support its programs and help achieve its malaria program objectives in Cameroon and DRC.
Impact Santé Afrique (ISA) is an African non-governmental organisation based in Cameroon. ISA specialises in advocacy and strategic communications with the main objective of contributing to the fight against malaria and the improvement of people’s health. ISA coordinates the newly launched global platform of malaria civil society organizations (CS4ME) which aims to increase malaria advocacy for programs that are communities centred, gender-sensitive, sufficiently funded, and inclusive of civil society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Advocacy Specialist will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of ISA advocacy plans. He/she will lead the implementation of integrated initiatives in policy analysis and engagement, advocacy, campaigning, and influencing work at the national and international regional levels to achieve significant impact.
Program design and implementation
- Contribute to the strategic direction, decision-making, efficiency, and development of the organisation and the maintenance of ISA’s brand image.
- Contribute to the development and manage the execution of the advocacy strategic plan.
- Develop the policy and advocacy actions to ensure that the goals and strategic objectives are aligned with regional and global priorities.
- Lead the operational implementation of the strategy related to the development of integrated advocacy and communication campaigns that ensure maximum impact, effectiveness, and large-scale transformational change at both the policy and community levels.
- Develop and strengthen strategic partnerships, networks, and alliances within and beyond sectoral stakeholders, government counterparts, political leaders, and private sector.
- Identify key gaps and opportunities in public policies where ISA’s advocacy interventions can have a significant impact and lead to incremental change.
- Plan, guide, and pilot the use of innovations and successes from ISA’s advocacy work to influence policy makers and improve malaria programs.
- Lead the planning, implementing, and delivering quality campaigns linked to identify advocacy priorities at global and national levels.
- Ensure the achievements of advocacy programs targets in Cameroon and DRC.
Support ISA Growth
- Identify key gaps and opportunities in advocacy where ISA programmatic approach can have a significant impact and lead to incremental change.
- Design and develop quality influencing communications and advocacy project proposals that are aligned with the organisation’s strategic priorities and meet donor requirements.
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of reporting in accordance with donors and ISA standards.
- Master’s degree in Communications, or Advocacy, Social Sciences Or related field.
- At least 8 years’ experience in Communication or Advocacy.
- Experience in an advocacy role is essential.
- Excellent English writing skills and good French knowledge
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment.
- Good knowledge of advocacy issues and actions, experience/knowledge of African and international associative networks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and French to produce professional documents of national and international standards and to participate in policy discussions and debates.
- Excellent relationship management skills. Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and various stakeholders such as government officials, partners, community members, donors, CSOs, actors in other sectors, and senior policy makers.
- A positive and dynamic attitude.
- Strong organisational skills, work methodology: Ability to plan, prioritize and organise own and others’ work; ability to work under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- This position requires some international travel.
Applications must include a cover letter, CV, or resume, and 3 professional references are due by December 1st, 2022 at 11:59 pm GMT +1. Please submit your application to: email@example.com
Title: Advocacy Specialist
Please for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org