The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation is recruiting a Finance and Accounts Assistant in Ebolowa, Cameroon. The Applications Deadline: is 03.04.2023.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment, and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
To support the Finance and Accounting Officer in ensuring that financial and accounting
operations of the EGPAF Field Office are in strict compliance with EGPAF policies and procedures and specific donor rules and regulations. Also, strive to ensure efficient and accountable use of donor funds
1. Accounts Payables
- Assist in the timely processing of staff advances for travel and activities
- Assist in the timely processing of activities participants’ mobile payments
- Assist in Processing supplier invoices within agreed timelines
- Keep track of vendor invoices and report on the same.
- Assist in timely processing and payment of stakeholder dues and update trackers as necessary.
2. Accounts Receivable
- Assists in the collection and review of Field Expense Reports, ensuring the validity and accuracy of all submitted expenses
- Assists in the accurate posting of the advances liquidating expenses to QuickBooks
3. Cash/Bank Management
- Conducts surprise cash counts
- Ensure timely banking of any unspent amounts refunded by staff as well as any checks written in favour of the foundation for various transactions.
4. Statutory Requirements
- Ensure all statutory remittances are paid on time, and that accurate amounts are paid
- Maintain and update statutory remittances file, conducting period audits of the files to ensure the ability to satisfy any statutory scrutiny
5. Monthly Reporting activities
- Timely posting of all transactions as well as ensuring consistency, accuracy, and completeness of such transactions.
- Ensure field offices meet all reporting deadlines for Quick Books end of the month Reports
6. Other Responsibilities
- Scan and upload accounting vouchers to OneDrive, and archive same in the archives.
- Support the Audit/Compliance Review Exercises
- Any other work-related duties as may be assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, or ACCA IV, CPA IV, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of English and French
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work long hours
- Able to work in team settings and willing to learn
- Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
- Minimum of 2 years, with 1 year of experience working in a similar organization
- IT Savvy, including accounting software. QuickBooks knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel
Problem-Solving – Problem-solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh the relevance and accuracy of the information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and make recommendations.
Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Qualified candidates must submit a CV and cover letter latest on March 04, 202 3
The screening of applications will be done on an ongoing basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) offers equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and job applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, origin national, age, disability or genetics. In addition to the requirements of federal laws, EGPAF complies with applicable national and local laws relating to non-discrimination in employment, in all places where the Foundation has facilities.