Job offer: Collections Manager at Lidya Global in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The Collections Manager is responsible for providing support to the organization with particular emphasis on the collection of revenue and management of finance.
- The position liaises directly with clients, and external debt collection partners negotiate on outstanding payments and where necessary initiates recovery action.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimizing customer response times by issuing reminder notices and customer statements and monitoring the collection of debts in a timely manner.
- Negotiating with clients on arrangements regarding payments and making recommendations to management to ensure Departmental guidelines in relation to instalment agreements and the processing of monies received are adhered to.
- Contact debtors by telephone, letter, email or fax, to agree on debt recovery plans and follow up as appropriate.
- Reviewing documentation (all aspects of contract) to assess liability, identify contract issues and judge recoverability.
- Using knowledge and initiative to reach amicable solutions to settling debts on behalf of clients, considering the circumstances of the case.
- Establish repayment schedules, monitor repayment of debts, and adhere debtors to instalment schedules.
- Researching debtor companies, assisting in researching laws and procedures to provide written advice to clients.
- Build and manage an internal team of 5+ debt recovery professionals to achieve late payment goals and key performance indicators of the Company.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Investments, or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- 5 years+ of experience working with a Commercial Bank, Accounting Firm or Management Consulting Firm, with a particular emphasis on experience in a financial sector.
- High level of IT skills especially in accounting, advanced Excel, and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.