Job offer: Chief Risk Officer (CRO) by Bank & Finance in Douala, Cameroun. We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer for one of our clients.
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Reporting to: MD/CEO Company: Bank & Finance Contract : Permanent Contract Location : Douala, Cameroun Closing date: September 11th 2022
The Chief Risk Officer oversees the monitoring and coordination of the overall risk management in the
The Chief Risk Officer will be responsible to:
• Establish Risk Management frameworks in compliance with international risk management
standards and principles
• Ensure the company’s risk profile is aligned to the return/profitability aspirations of the business
• Articulate overall Risk Management policy and strategy at the enterprise level and for individual
• Communicate Risk Management policies and strategies to operating entities
• Establish infrastructure, systems, and processes for identifying, managing, controlling, and
reporting risks across the business
• Oversee implementation of credit strategies/policies aligned to the bank’s overall risk acceptance
criteria across supervised countries
• Establish an appropriate framework for the management of the credit portfolio to ensure that the
bank’s exposure to credit loss is maintained at minimum levels
• Monitor/review/analyze to ensure compliance with management’s guidelines on global credit
position vis-à-vis various market segments in each country, raise issues and make appropriate
• Authorize/approve facility applications as required after obtaining requisite approval authority when
• Establish an appropriate credit administration framework to ensure proper administration of credit
exposures and creation of credit risks to minimize the risk of loss.
• Ensure consistent collateral cover to secure the bank’s position
• Devise strategies for ensuring credit portfolio is maintained
• Establish responsive framework and strategies to ensure timely identification and management of
• Define risk acceptance criteria and risk tolerance limits for each risk area
• Oversee Risk Management functions across all entities
• Provides visionary leadership and direction for the company and guides their activities to ensure
the achievement of their current to medium-term strategies
• Development of strategies for identifying critical business processes.
• Determination of the impact of interruption in critical business processes and outsourcing on the
• Analysis, design, and development of recovery strategy for a critical business function.
• Identification of potential short-term, medium-term, and long-term continuity/recovery strategies for
critical business processes.
The Candidate must have
• Minimum Experience: Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in risk management
within the Financial Services Industry, of which at least 8 must have been in the Banking Sector
and 5 years must have been at a management level. Experience from an internal audit firm is an
• Recognized professional certifications such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP, IT Certifications,
etc is an added advantage.
• Formal Training: Banking Law/Regulations
• Minimum Education: A good first degree in any discipline. A relevant Masters’ degree will be an
• Knowledge and understanding of banking operations (international & domestic)
• Strategic orientation, creativity & innovation
• Good policy development and management capabilities
• Financial Acumen
• Finance and Accounting
• Banking Industry Knowledge
• Financial Industry Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of Financial Regulations (Domestic & International)
• Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and Financial Standards (Domestic &
• Integrity and Discretion
• Leadership, coaching & influencing
• Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
• Team building/conflict management
• Organization & Coordination
• General managerial /administration
NB: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
How to apply: Send CVs to the application link or email@example.com with the subject " Chief Risk Officer".