Job offer: Biomonitoring Officer by the African Wildlife Foundation. Biomonitoring Officer, Dja Landscape
- Supervise field activities and quality data collection in close collaboration with the LM TA, organize field missions for all planned surveys and monitoring;
- Participate in field missions and provide guidance to field teams on quality data collection;
- Train participants in proper data gathering and entry into the field devices; and,
- Verify the quality of survey data and treat it appropriately in person or remotely.
- Support the management of camera trap deployment and ensure the camera trap database is up to date.
- Assist in raising local community awareness of conservation and project-related activities.
- Check for Dja Landscape data and reports that are not yet archived, and update the database;
- Provide summary information on the objectives, the methodology and the main results; and,
- Support in data compilation from biomonitoring, park security missions and other relevant data.
- Facilitate the data analysis and reporting process
- Download, verify and organize survey data as well as any other related for analyses;
- Complete basic analyses and interpretation relevant to action in the field;
- Organize results for inclusion in reports, comparison with previous surveys in and outside the Dja Landscape, and PowerPoint presentations; and,
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to share key learnings and to utilize data and analyses for conservation and management purposes.
- Organize meetings, training sessions, workshops, and public presentations of data analyses; and,
- Provide other relevant support as requested by the LM TA and the Faro Landscape Director.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ecology, forestry, natural resource management or another field directly related to conservation;
- At least 05 (five) years of proven field experience in conservation; knowledge and direct experience in the landscape and protected area management;
- Proven statistics and data analysis capacities (Excel and other software)
- Familiarity with data collection tools and analysis software (CyberTracker, SMART, GPS, camera traps, ArcGIS etc.);
- Proven capacities in survey data analysis technics and reporting;
- A practical and theoretical experience with distance sampling methods is an asset;
- Ability to manage databases; experience with managing files on Box and Google Drive;
- Experience working with NGOs is a strong advantage;
- Ability to work under low supervision and in remote and uncomfortable environments; and
- Fluency in French and good command of English