Job: Communications Assistant
|JOB TITLE:||Communications Assistant|
|REPORTS TO:||Communications Manager|
Job: Communications Assistant
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
The vision of Open Society-Africa is to build a globally respected, vibrant, and integrated Africa, characterized by democratic governance, sustainable development, and economic systems that deliver more just, inclusive, and accountable outcomes with and for the people and the environment in Africa.
In pursuit of this vision, Open Society-Africa’s mission is to deepen people-generated democracy, accountable governance, and inclusive development in Africa through strategic and participatory grantmaking and by strengthening gender justice.
JOB PURPOSE (Communications Assistant)
The Communications Assistant is an individual contributor role providing day-to-day support across a variety of administrative areas.
The Communications Assistant supports senior stakeholders in the organization and executes tasks within established policies, procedures and guidelines. The incumbent’s tasks include, but are not limited to, coordinating schedules, planning meetings/events, and preparing materials.
As a Communications Assistant at Open Society-Africa, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of the Communications strategy and interventions.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the Communications portfolio.
- Supporting Communications-related events planning, organization and implementation.
- Maintaining databases, media lists and other important contacts.
- Providing support in maintaining web content and implementing social media strategies.
- Supporting content generation—through videography, photography and creative design.
- Supporting the tracking of the Communications budget and activities.
- Materials Preparation
- Research and Recommendations
- Project Management
TECHNICAL SKILLS (Job: Communications Assistant)
Call Handling, Computer Skills, Planning and Organizing, Reporting, Service Delivery, Vendor Management, and Writing Skills.
INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES (Job: Communications Assistant)
Advancing Diversity and Inclusion, Expertise, Getting the Right Things Done, and Leading Change.
Managing Time and Money, Strategic Thinking, Working Well with OSF Colleagues, and Working Well with Others.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, including the ability to navigate across different functional departments.
- Practical knowledge in creative design using different applications, videography and photography.
- Understanding of using diverse social media platforms as communications tools.
- Understanding of events planning and coordination, logistical and administrative roles.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV via Formstack by Monday, 10 October 2022. We look forward to learning more about you.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response. Open Society-Africa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.