Fully funded Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023. Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and doctoral research studies.
This scholarship covers an annual living allowance: of $36,800, a relocation allowance: of $550 and research allowance per annum: of $1,500.
The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship (SJMN) is funded by a private trust and was established in memory of the late Sir James McNeill, who had a long association with Monash University.
This prestigious scholarship is available for research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial and helps support a student with living costs whilst studying at Monash.
Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Named for prominent World War I general, Sir John Monash, it was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. The university has a number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. Monash also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, including South Africa.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts (School of Music only)
- Health Sciences
- Program Period: A scholarship is available for the normal duration of the study
- Deadline: October 31, 2022 (annual)
Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship will provide
- Annual living allowance: $36,800.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship
To be eligible for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- Check the qualifications for admission to research master’s according to the field of study: from here.
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
- Have submitted a scholarship application in the current year.
- Be undertaking research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial.
How to the Fully funded Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship, by clicking on “Apply Now“.
- All sections of the online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying for as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testamur from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Should no pre-existing relationship with a Museums Victoria Curator exist, please contact Mr Timothy Stranks (Museums Victoria) by email (email@example.com)?
To apply and know more about Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, please visit the official website: