Fully-Funded Rhodes Scholarships for West Africa in the UK 2022. The Rhodes Trust is inviting West African applicants who wish to pursue their higher studies at the University of Oxford.
The goal of these fully-funded educational awards is to help West African students in their master’s studies in the United Kingdom.
The Rhodes Trust is a global organization and they use their deep connections across the world to bring together people of different backgrounds and viewpoints.
Why study at the University of Oxford? At Oxford, the participants will have everything they need to build a bright future whether it’s teaching excellence or academic facilities for good guidance.
Summary of the scholarship
- University or Organization: The Rhodes Trust
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: West Africa
- The program can be taken in the UK
- Language: English
Fully-Funded Rhodes Scholarships for West Africa in the UK 2022 Eligibility
Before you head on to apply, please check the eligibility criteria below;
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can pursue their postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford.
- Admissible Criteria: Must have reached your 19th and not have passed your 26th birthday on 1 October 2020 and be ready to give the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford.
The award will be fully funded for the duration of the postgraduate degree course.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: The last date to enter the particular scholarship is September 15, 2022.
- How to Apply: If you are interested in this program, then you must have to take admission in a postgraduate degree program at the university. Once have you completed your admission, you can complete the online application process for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Participants have to submit a certified copy of their certificate, a national identity card, and a valid passport, an official transcript from the college or university with evidence of residency within the region for at least five of the last ten years.
- Admission Requirements: Successful candidates should have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with the highest classification your University awards, e.g. First Class Honours, or a Distinction in the case of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy courses.
- Language Requirement: Along with the above requirement, you need to demonstrate your English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.