Fully Funded Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Program 2023 for Africa-based Researchers
Fully Funded Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Program 2023 for Africa-based Researchers. The Nordic Africa Institute’s African Scholar Program is targeted at researchers based in Africa who need time and a conducive environment for finishing and writing up their ongoing research.
The Senior Researcher position is offered at the Nordic Africa Institute for the duration of 12 months. The Nordic Africa Institute is looking for a qualified senior researcher from an African university or research institution with a demonstrable record of accomplishment.
NAI would, especially welcome research with relevance to the following themes:
- The African continent/countries and the changing face of geopolitics or security issues and roles played by external forces
- Energy, energy transition and resource politics
- The African Union, women and gender equity
- Urbanisation, mobilities, and demographic transition
Fully Funded Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Program 2023 for Africa-based Researchers Qualifications
- A PhD degree in anthropology, geography, sociology, gender studies, international development, development economics or a related subject.
- It is essential the applicant has 7 or more years’ experience post-PhD conducting academic research.
- A current research/teaching position in a university or research institution in Africa.
- Record of high-quality scholarly research.
- Strong ability to present complex issues to non-academic audiences.
- Demonstrated track record in science communication and policy/practice engagement with non-academic stakeholders.
- Knowledge of African scientific communities, policy environments, and other stakeholders and actors relevant to the research topic.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- The contract period will be 12 months and the expected start date is as early as possible in 2023.
- Salary is negotiable within the Institute’s current salary levels and remuneration packages. The position includes attractive benefits and conditions offered for employees of the Swedish civil service.
- The duty station in Uppsala.
The application should contain:
A) Proposal not exceeding 5 pages presenting:
(i) A realistic work plan for the length of stay at the institute – detailing proposed intellectual activities, and expected outputs (such as publications, dissemination activities, participation at seminar/workshop/conference activities, and policy engagements);
(ii) Presentation of the ongoing research project(s) – objective, questions, theory and method;
B) A complete CV with a list of scientific publications where it is clearly indicated which publications are formally considered peer-reviewed.
C) Indication of internet addresses to the applicant’s own publications relating to his/her research (a maximum of three publications)
D) Evidence of policy engagement / science-policy communication to non-academic audiences (a 1 page summary, or up to three non-academic outputs)
E) Names and contact details of at least two references.
As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their proposed research projects for the Nordic Africa Institute via Zoom.
How to apply for the Fully Funded Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Program 2023 for Africa-based Researchers
Apply through the Application Form
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Programme 2023