Fully Funded EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Program 2023
Fully Funded EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Program 2023. Applications are open for the EU-ECOWAS Sustainable Energy Fellowship Program 2023.
The EU-ECOWAS scholarship program offers scholarships for master’s degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo ) for the benefit of eligible students from the ECOWAS Member States involved in the energy sector.
The program aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates focused on young professionals (English-speaking, French-speaking and Portuguese-speaking) in the Member States of ECOWAS to acquire the necessary profile to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
EU-ECOWAS scholarship categories
The two types of scholarships available on the program are:
- Mobile Fellowships: Fellows are selected to complete their master’s program at higher education institutions outside their country of residence. The scholarship will fund tuition, living, travel, research grant, insurance and visa costs.
- In- Residence Scholarships: Scholars are selected to complete their Masters program at higher education institutions located in their country of residence. The scholarship will support the tuition fees and research grant of the scholarship recipients. A small stipend to help with travel and living expenses will also be provided.
Eligibility for EU-ECOWAS Scholarships
The EU-ECOWAS scholarship application form collects responses from candidates interested in pursuing a Masters program in the energy sector from the pre-selected universities.
The scholarship selection process will analyze the information gathered through the application form against the following criteria:
- Be a national of an ECOWAS Member State or Mauritania and reside in the ECOWAS region or Mauritania;
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with first class or second class (upper division);
- Have undertaken studies at least at the bachelor level in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning according to the entry requirements of the chosen university;
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage;
- Hold (at least) provisional admission to an approved study program at the time of scholarship approval;
- The scholarship is open to active and non-active applicants. Working applicants are required to provide a release letter from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the program;
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the program;
- Commitment to start internships during studies.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If more candidates meet the selection criteria than there are places available, they will be ranked according to the results of their last year of studies and their professional experience.
Shortlisted Universities and Available Masters Courses
You can only apply for relevant courses at one or more higher education institutions that have been opened to receive applications:
Obafemi Awolowo University
- M.Sc. Energy Planning and Management
- M.Sc. Environmental Technology Management
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc. Energy Systems Science and Energy Systems Engineering
University of Nigeria Nsukka
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Renewable and new energy systems
- M.Eng./M.Sc. energy engineering
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Sustainable Energy Materials Engineering
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Industrial electronics and power devices
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Energy Policy, Regulation and Management
Cheikh Anta Diop University (UCAD)
- M.Sc. 2 Photovoltaic Systems and Materials (Master 2 in physics and applications, specialty solar energy, materials and systems (SOLMATS)
- Only students holding a MASTER 1 in physics from a CAMES member university will be accepted by UCAD.
University of Cabo Verde
- International Interuniversity Master’s Program in Energy Decarbonization
Application for EU-ECOWAS scholarships
Applications to universities in Nigeria, Senegal and Cape Verde are now OPEN, with a deadline for submission by Friday, February 10, 2023 at 6:00 PM WAT.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following documents for validation:
- Identity cards such as an international passport or national identity card
- Proof of residence in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- transcripts or certificates obtained, and
- Any other document to validate the information provided in the application form
Finally, it is important to visit the official website link given below to access the application form. EU-ECOWAS scholarships program on sustainable energy | British Council