Education: Commonwealth Scholarships Commission (CSC) 2022. The Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education announces to the general public and prospective applicants that those who are interested in the United Kingdom (UK) Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Scholarships tenable in the UK have some practical conditions which they must meet before applying for these scholarships.
Interested applicants are advised to start working on these prerequisites while waiting for the offer to be made public by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in due time. These conditions are:
– A supporting statement from a named supervisor from at least one of the UK institutions to which they are applying (reserved for PhD candidates);
– Secure admission to a UK University which has a part funding agreement with the CSC. For a list of these universities, visit the CSC website on UK universities.– Three References from three individuals are to be submitted directly by the referees to the Online Application System in due time, preference will be given to the most recent references;
– Must hold a first degree of at least upper second-class honours standards for the Master’s level;
– Must hold a second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (Master’s degree) for PhD candidates;
– Must NOT be registered or have commenced a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD at a UK University or in your home country before September/October 2023;
– Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship;
– Make a solid study plan which shows the development impact of
your studies in your home country;
– No age limit; or barriers;
– Open even to workers.