Full-time job offer: Dangote is recruiting an Electrical Foreman in Douala, Littoral, Cameroon.
- Perform routine maintenance, installation and repairs to electrical power, motor, motor control circuits etc on the various plant machines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance which includes but is not limited to the following: fault analysis, component replacements, alignments and calibration, repairs, installation of new control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested.
- Develop or modify industrial devices, circuits or equipment, according to available specifications.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems.
- Calibrate testing equipment instruments and install or repair equipment to prescribe specifications.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance.
- Inform hierarchy of spare consumption and initiate order request.
- Attending day to day problems if any and to support shift electricians.
- Monitoring healthiness of all the running equipment.
- Repair of equipment at workshop to their respective section.
- To give timely intimation to their superiors regarding spares requirements.
- Ensure Safety of Personnel and equipment.
- Housekeeping at their respective sections.
- To take care of others sections during absence that Foreman.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the hierarchy.
Education and Work Experience
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of two (3) years relevant work experience.
- Skills and Competencies
- Good practical and technical skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- Communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Awareness of health, safety, and environmental practices
- Ability to use computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Private insurance
- Paid time off
- Training and Development