Canon Collins RMTF International Scholarships in South Africa 2023
Canon Collins RMTF International Scholarships in South Africa 2023 are now open for applications. The application deadline is set for August 22, 2022. Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group invite applications for postgraduate study in South Africa in 2023. Ros and Terry were inspirational London educationalists. Since 2001 friends and family have raised funds in their memory to award scholarships in their name.
Canon Collins Trust, in partnership with RMTF, seeks to support exceptional individuals committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in creating an open and just society.
In 2023, we will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Please only apply if your programme of study falls into one of these disciplines.
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies may sometimes defy easy categorisation. Applicants are urged to use their judgement in assessing whether to apply. But applications that clearly do not fall within Justice, Education or Humanities (for example MBAs, economics, medical sciences, sports sciences, and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
We will provide funding for up to two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia
- be ordinarily resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
We will provide funding for up to two years for Masters and three years for PhD. The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
We also organise an annual conference for current scholars and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Canon Collins RMTF International Scholarships in South Africa 2023 application
Applicants will automatically be considered for the Ros Moger Terry Furlong scholarship. Please see this page for more information about this named award.