Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants 2022. Applications for Ernst Mach follow-up Grants are open to international post-Doctorate Scholars who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution/university.
1st February 2022
1st November, 2022Eligible Field of Study: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts.About the Award: Applications are open to postdocs who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution/university in a Non-European developing country and who were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD).
At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
- to promote scientific secondary growth
- to promote scientific cooperation
- to build a sustainable network of academics in relation to Austria
- Eligible Countries: See the list below
- Country: Austria
- Type: Research Grants PhD
- Maximum age: 50 years
- For the application deadline February 1, 2022: Born on or after February 1, 1972
- For the application deadline November 1, 2022: Born on or after November 1, 1972
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Grants in this programme can only be applied for every 5 year
Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants 2022 Selection Criteria:
During the selection process the following criteria are examined and assessed:
Purpose of your stay
- Why did you choose the specific target institution in Austria?
- The added value of the stay for the partner countries concerned (establishment and/or continuation of institutional cooperation)
- Prior teaching and research activities
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Grant:
- Monthly grant
- Accident and health insurance If necessary.
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy
Duration of Grant: 1 to 3 months
Afghanistan; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo – Democratic Republic of the; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran – Islamic Republic of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea – Democratic People’s Republic of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia – Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania – United Rebublic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Viet Nam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
How to Apply:
The following documents have to be uploaded together with the online application at www. scholarships.at:
- Consent of the academic partner in Austria
- A Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo)
- Proof of employment by the home institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scan of the university graduation certificate of PhD or doctoral studies
Award Provider: Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economics – BMWFW
Important Notes: The recipients of grants will get the grant contract (Letter of Award and Letter of Acceptance) from the OeAD-GmbH/ICM. The contract covers the following aspects: Start and end dates of the grant; monthly grant rate; grant payment modalities (including a possible travel cost subsidy); compulsory presence at the place of study; performance record; data protection; repayment requirements.