300 Hong Kong PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
300 Hong Kong PhD Scholarships 2023-2024. Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2023/2024: The Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong is offering a PhD fellowship for international students.
- Hong Kong PhD Scholarship Program Application Deadline: December 1, 2022, Hong Kong time 12:00:00
About Hong Kong Doctoral Scholarship Program
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme ( HKPFS ), established in 2009 by the Research Grants Council (RGC), aims to attract the world’s best and brightest students to pursue their PhD programs at Hong Kong institutions. Approximately 300 doctoral scholarships will be awarded this academic year. For fellows who need more than three years to complete their doctorate, additional support may be provided by the chosen institutions. Financial aid is available for all areas of study.
Candidates who wish to be admitted as new full-time doctoral students in the following eight institutions, regardless of their country of origin, previous professional experience and ethnic origin, can apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong University of Education
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities in terms of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
Selection Criteria for the Hong Kong PhD Scholarships 2023-2024:
Although the academic excellence of the applicants is the main consideration, the selection panels will take into account the following factors:
- Academic excellence;
- Research capacity and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- leadership skills.
Number of scholarships: 300
Hong Kong PhD Scholarship Program Worth:
The scholarship provides an annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each fellow for a maximum period of three years. 300 PhD scholarships will be awarded in the academic year 2023/24*. For scholarship recipients who need more than three years to obtain their doctorate, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For more details, please contact the universities concerned directly.
Selection Panel: Shortlisted applications, depending on their field of study, will be reviewed by one of the following two selection panels, comprised of experts in relevant areas of the board:
- science, medicine, engineering and technology
- humanities, social sciences and business studies
Application Process for the Hong Kong PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
- Eligible applicants must first make an initial online application through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme electronic system (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS reference number by 1 December 2022 at 12:00:00 Hong Kong time before submitting applications for admission to doctoral studies in the universities of their choice.
- Applicants can choose up to two programs/departments at one or two universities for doctoral studies under the 2023/24 HKPFS. They must comply with the admission requirements of the universities and programs they have chosen.
- As the deadlines for submitting applications to some universities may immediately follow that of the initial application, applicants should submit their initial application as soon as possible in order to have enough time to submit their application to the universities.